How can I take care of my ticket?
You must appear before the Municipal Court within 10 days of receiving your citation. If you wish to speak to the Judge you must request a court date. Or, if you wish to take care of this citation without speaking to the Judge, our office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Lake Jackson Municipal Court 5-B Oak Drive Lake Jackson, TX 77566 Office (979) 297-1031 Fax (979) 292-0130 Email: courtclerk@ci.lake-jackson.tx.us Website: www.ci.lake-jackson.tx.us

What address do I send my payment to?
Lake Jackson Municipal Court 5-B Oak Drive Lake Jackson, TX 77566

How much is my ticket?

What is Judge Brown’s phone number?

What is Judge Fox’s phone number?

What if I need more information than is available on the Internet?
Contact the Police Department at 979-415-2700 or come to the Police Department located at 5A Oak Drive and make an Open Records Request.

Does the Police Department take fingerprints for concealed handgun license or other employment?
Yes. You will need to bring a picture ID and the required fingerprint card. Cost is $10 per card.

How do I apply for a position as a Lake Jackson Police Officer?
Applications are accepted year round. Current open positions are listed on the city’s website (see link on this site’s home page). For more information contact the City of Lake Jackson Personnel Division at City Hall, 25 Oak Drive or call 979-415-2400 between the hours of 8am to 5pm.

Are reports available at the Police Department instead of through the Internet?
Yes, there is a fee to obtain a report at the Police Department or through the mail. Obtaining your report via the Internet is free.

How do I find out if I have any outstanding warrants?
You may check the warrant section of this site. All active warrants are listed alphabetically. If you find you have outstanding warrants, contact the Municipal Court at 979-297-1031 or the Police Department at 979-415-2700 for additional information.

How do I find out if someone is in jail in Lake Jackson?
There is a list of Jail inmates on this site that may be searched by last and first name. All persons that have completed the booking process will be on this list. The booking process may take three to four hours from the time of the arrest. Additional information may be obtained by calling the Police Department at 979-415-2700.

How do I file a complaint against a Police Department employee?
A complaint may be filed by contacting any police department supervisor at 979-415-2700 or mail in your complaint to the Police Department at 5 A Oak Drive to the Chief’s attention. Please provide contact numbers as you will be contacted for follow-up and information. Please understand that a sworn, signed statement is required before any disciplinary action can be taken.

Where do I obtain a Texas driver’s license or state Identification card?
A Texas driver’s license and/or identification card may only be obtained from the Texas Department of Public Safety. The nearest location is 501 S. Velasco, Angleton, Texas. Their phone number is 979-388-1521.

How do I drop charges against someone?
Contact the Criminal Investigations Division at 979-415-2770.

What are the hours of operation for the SPCA
You may find that and other answers regarding the SPCA at their website http://www.spcabc.org/

What is Law Enforcement Exploring or Explorers?
Law Enforcement Exploring is a worksite-based program for young men and women. Law Enforcement Explorer posts help youth to gain insight into a variety of programs that offer hands-on career activities.

Who can join Lake Jackson Explorers?
Young men and women who have completed the eighth grade and are 14 years of age, or are 15 years of age but have not yet reached their 21st birthday.

What do the Lake Jackson Explorers do?
The Explorers are trained in all aspects of Law Enforcement including, but not limited to: Traffic Stops, Building Searches, Bomb Scene Response, Crime Scene Investigation, Domestic Violence Situations, Accident Investigation, Crisis Intervention, Arrest and Search Techniques (Drug Raid), White Collar Crime, Shoot / Don’t Shoot and Emergency First Aid. The Explorers then compete against other teams at state and national competitions. The Explorers also assist the Lake Jackson Police Department with special activities including: The Festival of Lights, 4th of July Fireworks and National Night Out. Once the Explorer passes a probationary period and has obtained a drivers license the explorer is allowed with a Lake Jackson Police officer up to 24 hours a month.

How much does it cost to be an Explorer with the Lake Jackson Police Department?
The new Explorer is required to purchase 1 pair of BDU pants from the post at a cost of approximately $25.00. The Explorers are issued a uniform and equipment. There are no dues. A portion of expenses to attend the competitions are paid by the explorers, with the majority being paid by the post. The post does several projects and fund raising events. Applications are available at the Lake Jackson Police Department

What is Hunter Education?
Hunter education covers the skills, regulations and responsibilities of hunting, wildlife conservation and the outdoors. Every year, over 30,000 youth and adults in Texas become certified in hunter education – a certification that lasts a lifetime and is recognized by all states and provinces requiring hunter education.

Who has to take Hunter Education?
Every hunter (including out-of-state hunters) born on or after Sept. 2, 1971, must successfully complete a Hunter Education Training Course. Minimum age of certification is 9 years of age.

For more information on Hunter Education See the Link on our Home Page or copy the link below.

Do I need an alarm permit, and if so, how do I get one?
Yes, the City of Lake Jackson requires residential and business alarm permits. Please fill out the form below. Once you complete the required form you may mail it to the address listed or fax it to the number at the top of the form. You may also come by the Police Department 5A Oak Drive and complete the form. The current fee is $50 per year; however, new alarms are prorated. You may verify the status of a permit or obtain your registration number by calling the Police Administration Secretary at 979-415-2707. Alarm Permit

Why can’t I just drop an animal off when the shelter is closed, there are people there working?
he shelter is closed Sunday and Monday no matter what the circumstance is, if you are a Lake Jackson resident you may take the animal to your house and call the police department. A humane officer will pick the animal up from your house and take it to the shelter; the employees that are at the shelter cleaning are not authorized to intake animals on those days.

My animal was picked up and the shelter is closed on Sunday and Monday, how do I pick him up?
Call the shelter at (979)285-2340, listen to the recording, there is an option for someone to report there animal missing. Leave a message with your name, number, a description of the animal, and if you know he was picked up. Someone will call you and arrange a time for you to come and look for the animal at the shelter. Do not go to the shelter and expect them to let you come in and look, you have to schedule an appointment when they are closed.

How do I register my dog or cat and how old do they have to be?
You register your animal at the animal shelter, located at 141 Canna Ln. You must have your current rabies vaccination certificate. Your pet does not have to be registered until it is 6 months old.

I have stray cats in my neighborhood and my neighbors are feeding them, what do I do?
The humane department has traps that are loaned out to assist with trapping cats, before you begin trapping read guidelines that are show below. It is illegal to feed unlicensed animals, including wildlife, if you know someone that is feeding them you may call the police department and report it. Guidelines for trapping animals.

Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...